Thursday 20 November 2008

#ahg1 is growing

Very excited today.. 1st time leaving my computer on over the night to record down all the chat logs proof to be very valuable.
the #ahg1 chat room is very much alive with many gurus from the original #ahg chat room chipping in. Looks like I got no more excuse to be lazy, time to put in effort and move ahead.

I like the view Stavros gave on stop lost, target, RR... here's an abstract. Hope he don't mind I paste it here.
I'd advocate not moving stop AT ALL, if your entries are truly in key areas, they are protected, and them being hit will help you with your next trade, paying for that information
Most areas are tested at least once... meaning you get your breakeven stop hit and then continues. -3 is better than the missed +20.
Think of it this way, let's say your average stop is 3 points,  that means that if 1 out of 6 trades that you don't move to breakeven actually works, you've more than paid for the rest you got stopped out on. 
Need to TRUST the math... believing in it is the key, that's why sim is so important, can spend the time taking the drawdown, and then seeing positive at the end of the week/month
 and say...hey, this ain't so bad!
Bring it on -3 bitch! that's one less until my next +20!
Do this, just for the next two weeks. Don't move your stop and see what happens.
Track closely, record every single stop.
You may still be negative, but that's due to other things, but you'll see that your cutting your potential profits short to save a few nickels
well you need to have a logical target as well, or you dont take the trade, if you miss it, oh well, let it go; you missed it, chasing it will only get another -3 in the column.
Multicar is so crucial in my opinion, when my first target gets hit i'm in a risk free trade without moving my stop. If my T2 gets hit, i've just paid for 2-3 stops at least.
Min target 1 of at least 3x RR